Secrets To Quality Blogging

Posted by SoccerFire | 11:40 AM | | 2 comments »

I hope I have your attention. For me there's no real secret to blogging, but as Juvenal said 'Mens sana in corpore sano' translated a 'healty mind in a healthy body'. This especially applies to bloggers. A blogger needs to find a balance between blogging and real life. If you achieve this, then you're well on your way to becoming a successfull blogger. I personnally impose or atleast try to follow these 3 rules:

1. Time

Many bloggers spend hours on their blog, checking every 10 minutes if someone clicked on their Adsense ads. I admit the first day I put ads on my blog, I checked every 5 minutes. The result was always the same 'a big fat zero'! Eventually I stopped checking my account, and decided to maybe look at it every two days. I applied the same thing to Google Analytics, and other traffic statistics. Remember blogging takes time, work, and a lot of patience. Everyone who starts a blog to earn money with it shouldn't expect to see any income the first days ( there are always some exceptions of course), but don't be discouraged by this.

2. Healthy Lifestyle

I'm not a doctor, but if I were one I would certainly tell you to get out of that lazy chair, and take walk outside to refresh your braincells with some high quality oxygen. Join a sportclub or go drink a beer just make sure you get away from your computer, and forget everything about blogging. A healthy diet also contributes to a healthy lifestyle, don't fill yourself with junkfood this will only make you fatter, and not a better blogger. Eat black chocolate in small portions, it's scientifically proven that it improves your little braincells and makes you feel happier, just read this.

3. Too long in front of your computer



Staying too long in front your computer in a wrong position could cause you a lot of problems like: back and neck problems, cramps, and you'll be amazed what problems a computer mouse could inflict to your hand, read this if you want to know more. I don't want to scare you, but I just want to remind you that too much blogging isn't healthy.


To end this post with a bit of humor:

2 comments

  1. SoccerFire // June 26, 2008 at 7:52 PM  

    No problem :D

  2. Anonymous // June 26, 2008 at 8:38 PM  

    'Mens sana in corpore sano' I've known this since I'm a little boy.
    I agree with you, it's so bad to spend a long time in front of your monitor.
    not only your neck, your eyes too.
    I've to change my glasses again just in these 2 years.
    So just to follow your 3 rules in blogging.