Free Traffic Advertisement

Posted by SoccerFire | 3:17 PM | | 6 comments »

As you know I'm always searching for new methods to gain traffic on my blog. I was searching the internet, and I found some Free Advertsing Networks. You may, or may not have noticed those small widgets on the bottom of my page. So, I tried a lot of these free advertising networks. I can tell you most of them didn't bring in the visitors I expected.

But there was one exception called Adgridnetwork. It brought in a consistent amount of traffic compared to other free advertising networks. I was pretty satisfied with my increasing traffic. I threw all of the other free advertisement networks into the garbage can. Most of the free advertising networks had very amateuristic sites
compared to Adgrid. I experienced several problems like registering issues, navigation...

How do free advertisement networks work?

It's really simple and plain. First you add your site to their network, write a little review of your blog. So people can get an impression of your blog. After the registration you will be able to display targeted ads on your blog. These ads will contain URLs of other more or less related blogs. At the same time you will have your own ad displayed on several other sites. The ads, work like normal ads, but they don't generate money. The more clicks you have on your ad the more your ad will be displayed on other blogs.


To encourage our user's to take their advertising campaigns seriously (as opposed to just slapping the Ad Code on some hidden page where visitor's won't see it), we have established a Merit-Based Ranking System. The idea is simple: Sites that generate higher numbers of ad clicks will be displayed more on other sites.



Free Advertising







6 comments

  1. Anonymous // June 21, 2008 at 4:04 PM  

    Really? Then I must try agrid network and I am always conscious about my traffic since I want my site to be of a little more serious stuff. In fact, my Alexa hust jumped 78% in the few day prior but still I am very dissatisfied..Although my weeekly traffic at the moment is at 2xx,xxx level, my 3-month record is still very down to 2million level. Sigh... Good thing you posted on this. Our blog has similar themes actually.

    The Webloglearner

  2. Anonymous // June 21, 2008 at 4:10 PM  

    You should also try Linkreferal program. Although the traffic is not too massive, but it always bring me about 50 users per weeks.
    Currently the biggest traffic i got is from blogcatalog (you should active in their forum) and digg. Other than that, i use SEO technique (73% my traffic come from search engine).

  3. SoccerFire // June 21, 2008 at 4:19 PM  

    @Webloglearner: You should really try it, maybe it will bring you some good traffic. This week my alexa ranking went from 2000000 to 1600000 so pretty good immprovement. :D


    @achmadz: Yea, I'm maybe going to try Linkreferral and see what for traffic it gives me. My 'visitors' mostly come from Entrecard and Blogcatalog. I wish I had such traffic with search engines :D
    I only get one or two visitors from search engines.

  4. SpinachNPeace // June 22, 2008 at 9:59 PM  

    I just signed up for this after reading this post. My blog is fairly new so there's a good chance I get rejected, but if I don't get rejected I'm looking forward to reaping the benefits! Thanks for the tip!

  5. Anonymous // June 28, 2008 at 7:38 PM  

    very nice find. i just registered using the link in your post. ill go give it a try, it sounds promising. i hope it brings in more trageted traffic. i've tried other free traffic websites, but it doesnt seem to be bringing in quality traffic. btw, i've linked to this post from my blog in a post about blogexplosion. thanks again!

  6. SoccerFire // June 29, 2008 at 12:27 AM  

    Thanks for linking me. If people start clicking your banner, you'll receive some better traffic.