Creating contests on your blog can bring you a big traffic boost. Giving away things for free has always been a good way to attract people to a blog. Who doesn't want to get something without really doing anything? Tons of companies promote their products by giving away free samples, authors of ebooks always offer a little preview of their book. As you can see giving away free things is a common used promoting technique. Ok, you'll think 'what do I earn from it?' First of all you'll get a lot of visitors who could become potential subscribers, and therefore could make your blog more popular. Ultimately, you could generate a lot of backlinks to your blog if you play your cards right.

The first thing you should consider before starting a contest is : "Do I have the means to start a competition?" People want contests who are worth participating, if you can't offer them a good price, they won't join. If you haven't got anything you could always search for a sponsor, there are always some generous bloggers who would like to give you a hand, obviously you should mention them in your contest. Haven't got the means or the sponsors? You could always try to be creative, and who knows what could happen. Plenty of people have managed to set up a succesfull contest simply by using their imagination.

Once you've set your price you should promote your contest to the max. You can promote your contest by putting it on forums, social networks, communities, emails, ....Try to do your best in promoting it, thus your contest will have a lot of benefits.

6 comments

  1. Anonymous // June 28, 2008 at 6:54 PM  

    Cool stuff! Now you are with payperpost? I never knew that! Congratulations then.

    Yes, you are right about those scams. Just too many of them actually. As for the bounce rate, I made that thing in our little group to reduce the bounce rate as well. Hope it works.

    I make three here today and another 3 for tomorrow to see the internal links and share ideas. Please see your EC mail.

  2. SoccerFire // June 28, 2008 at 7:09 PM  

    Thanks for commenting. I resumbitted my blog to PayperPost, but didn't get any answer yet. I checked the mail. ;)

  3. Anonymous // June 28, 2008 at 7:12 PM  

    Oh my! this is supposed to be on that post of your about traffic thingy and with the ppp logo. I clciked the wrong thing when i commented. sorry.

    Wow! that was a quick response! I never edited yet and you already responded. I thought it is by ppp already because of the little banner? It does not work that way?

  4. SoccerFire // June 29, 2008 at 12:22 AM  

    You can already earn money with the referral program, PPP direct, ... Even when your blog isn't approved.

  5. Anonymous // June 29, 2008 at 10:35 PM  

    I see. I thought you need to be pproved first. But this time I think you will be surely approved at ppp. Have you seen how our traffic plummeted up latey? I have seen your Alexa, it is going good. Mine too. If we can continue this goo track for three months we can get in the top 100,000 traffic rank.. we wish good. ^_^

  6. SoccerFire // June 30, 2008 at 9:47 AM  

    Yea, if we continue like we're doing now, we'll surely get in the top 100000. (Well, I hope) :D