As I've said in the past, social networks play a big role in getting you traffic. There are hundreds of them spreaded out on the internet. The only thing you got to do is to sign up with them, and make a lot of friends. Why, should you make a lot of friends? Well, they are the ones who decide if your article will get any attention at all. No votes, no traffic.

Once you've added some friends, you'll see a great increase in your traffic. Keep in mind, that this traffic will slowly decrease. So, you need to be active on these social networks to constantly get traffic. You'll be thinking that's going to take a lot of work, and time. Don't despair! There are plenty of groups out there, that have been made to exchange votes like for example this one on Blogcatalog. Remember, all of these groups are based on give, and take.

Google loves social networks, these past few weeks I submitted some articles of mine on several social networks. I've noticed that a lot my articles got a pretty good ranking in the Google search engine, all thanks to the high PR of these social networks, that attract thousands of visitors each day.

My personal top 3 of social networks, that gave me a good amount of traffic.



1. Digg

This is my absolute favourite out of the three. It's easy to add friends, and you can reach 200 people with a simple shout.


2. StumbleUpon

Still trying to figure this one out, but I've heard a lot of positive reactions. I see great potential in this one.


3. Reddit

And last, but not least, Reddit. Great source to submit all of your articles, but I personally still prefer Digg.

2 comments

  1. Anonymous // July 4, 2008 at 5:10 PM  

    just joined digg when i was still in south italy (now in milan) now and really not that focused with my blog at the moment. Will be in Netherlands tomorrow afternoon. Will be back in circulation in few days hopefully.

  2. SoccerFire // July 4, 2008 at 11:10 PM  

    Ok, hope to see you soon.